Unfortunately this vacancy is no longer open. Please contact a member of staff if you require assistance.
Education & Training
Information & Communication Technology
• Bring your Technical Testing & Automation skills across to Swinburne IT!
• HEW 7, $85, 461 - $92,156 + 17% Superannuation + Generous staff benefits
• 12 month fixed term contract (potential for ongoing), Hawthorn Campus
About the job
An exciting opportunity to join the Test Capability team in this newly created position and showcase your hands on technical testing experience specialising in Automation to support several projects across Swinburne IT.
The position will primarily be responsible for project level technical testing for automation and performance. The Senior Technical Test Analyst will report directly to the Test Capability Manager, and work closely with Project Leadership to plan, define, execute and report on all project level technical testing activities.
This opportunity is a 12 month fixed term contract with potential for it be offered as ongoing upon completion.
• Develop test automation frameworks, automated test scripts and execution plans as per Swinburne IT test automation strategy and standards
• Execute load tests using cloud based load generators
• Develop project level technical testing strategies and test plans as per Swinburne IT Testing and Quality Management Framework
• Develop test schedules and test estimates for technical testing efforts and promptly report any deviations to project management
• Work with Test Managers, Architects, project managers, application SMEs to determine technical requirements, complexities, risks and dependencies for test automation and application performance
• Develop test automation frameworks, automated test scripts and execution plans against Swinburne standards
• Create test data strategies for test automation and performance testing
• Automate API, UI and DB level verification tests
• Use various tools for measuring, reporting and test management
Extensive experience and working knowledge on:
• Selenium web driver, TestNG and Extent Reports for UI automation and reporting
• Zephyr, Xray or similar test management tool
• Automate API tests using Jmeter, Postman or similar tools
• Use of BDD Techniques & Tools
You will also have:
• Demonstrated extensive experience in testing in a full time technical testing capacity
• Extensive experience in creating project level Non-functional Test Strategies
• Solid understanding and hands on experience in advanced test automation and framework building
• Demonstrated understanding in SCRUM based delivery
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
• Onsite health services
• Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans
• Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
Discover more discounts when you start at Swinburne. Receive movie tickets and staff membership options at the Swinburne bookshop. There's news subscriptions and computer and software discounts on offer.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
Further information, contacts and support
To start an application click on apply at the bottom of this page and submit your resume and cover letter.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Chatham Vidanagamage on +61 3 9214 3530 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com, or our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Officer, Sherrin Trautmann on DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at: 5pm, Monday 27th August 2018
For further details on How to Apply, including Hints & Tips, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions section.
Ensure that your online CV is up to date as employers are always searching our online CV database of candidates.
A member of our staff is ready to help you with any questions you may have.