About the Role
Swinburne Vocational Education and Training (VET) are looking for a VET teacher – Electrical.
A VET teacher will implement industry best practice and apply current learning technologies and contemporary learning pedagogies. The VET teacher will work collaboratively within a team of education professionals. Within this team environment, they will plan deliver, assess, evaluate, and ensure compliance of high-quality education and training programs. This role requires our teachers to be able to customize and adapt our programs to meet our learners and clients’ needs that vary from certificate level through to diploma and associate degree levels.
Teaching will be for units from the current Electrical qualifications of UEE30820 Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician and UEE22020 Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start) for applicants with the relevant skills and experience to perform the role. The role primarily involves the teaching and assessment duties within these programs.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Demonstrated ability to implement high quality innovative teaching and learning programs in a variety of learning modes, reflecting an understanding of successful approaches to Electrical teaching
- Demonstrated ability to foster and promote an inclusive, customised and safe learning environment and provide support and advice to a diverse range of students and clients
- Demonstrated ability to participate effectively in continuous improvement, and develop high quality teaching and assessment materials
- Builds constructive relationships with colleagues and generates ideas for improvements which includes demonstrating high level communication and interpersonal skills
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116
- A Grade Electrician’s Licence with significant relevant industry experience
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
• Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
• Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
• Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
• Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position.
To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to Swinburne’s Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: Sunday 26th November 2023, 11pm
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For any support please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
or for more information on our Indigenous strategies please follow the link to our RAP Reconciliation Action Plan
Victoria’s Commitment to Action: Improving international student employment outcomes
As a signatory to Victoria’s Commitment to Action
, Swinburne seeks to remove barriers to international graduate employment. We welcome and encourage applications from international graduates.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant