About the Role
The Communications and Media Team at Swinburne University of Technology are looking for an Advisor, Communications and Engagement, next gen_campus to join the team.
Under the banner of next gen_campus, Swinburne has embarked on an ambitious suite of building projects across its Hawthorn, Wantirna, and Croydon campuses to enhance student on-campus experience and learning and teaching outcomes. Co-design, with a high level of engagement with students, staff and other stakeholders, is critical to the success of the projects.
Under the direction of the Manager, Communications and Engagement – next gen_campus, the Advisor will support the cross-departmental coordination and implementation of a wide range of communications and engagement activities for Swinburne’s next gen_campus projects, including the development and execution of on-campus activities and small events.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines without compromising close attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in desktop research, analysis and insight presentation
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing communication projects and processes, including managing, supervising and prioritising work and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to communicate concepts and information succinctly and clearly to all levels of an
- Organisation to win stakeholder buy-in and support
- A creative flair to develop engaging content and activities for student-focused campaigns
- A degree in \communications or related fields and at least 1 year subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
• Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
• Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
• Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
• Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position.
To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to Swinburne’s Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on email@example.com.
Applications Close: Sunday 26th November 2023, 11pm
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For any support please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
or for more information on our Indigenous strategies please follow the link to our RAP Reconciliation Action Plan
Victoria’s Commitment to Action: Improving international student employment outcomes
As a signatory to Victoria’s Commitment to Action
, Swinburne seeks to remove barriers to international graduate employment. We welcome and encourage applications from international graduates.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant