About the Role
This role will work closely with the Skills and Jobs Centre and Vocational Education and Training (VET) teaching, learning and support teams across Swinburne’s three campuses. Its focus is on better understanding and responding to the education and employment needs of Swinburne’s diverse local communities and strengthening VET engagement, support and connection to improve inclusion and participation opportunities to achieve success in education and employment.
This position is based at our Croydon campus although the incumbent may be required to travel to our Hawthorn and Wantirna campuses from time to time, partner organisations and communities local to our campuses.
The following skills, experience and knowledge are required for this role:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that support community and stakeholder engagement approaches to inclusive education and employment pathways for priority groups.
- Ability to develop and maintain meaningful connections with internal and external stakeholders with a focus on building inclusive education and employment pathways.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders that include community leaders, clients, employers, job seekers, and community service providers.
- Ability to promote and communicate key inclusion messages, initiatives, events or campaigns that contribute to the mobilisation and empowerment of community members and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to and work effectively in a team environment across a dual sector institution to achieve outcomes.
Relevant post-graduate or vocational qualification in Community Development, Social Sciences, Adult Education or a related field.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position.
To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to Swinburne’s Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on email@example.com.
Applications Close: Wednesday 29 November 2023, 11.00pm
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity website
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For any support please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au or for more information on our Indigenous strategies please follow the link to our RAP Reconciliation Action Plan
Victoria’s Commitment to Action: Improving international student employment outcomes
As a signatory to Victoria’s Commitment to Action
, Swinburne seeks to remove barriers to international graduate employment. We welcome and encourage applications from international graduates.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant