About the Role
Are you a Civil Engineering expert looking for a teaching role where you can make a real difference in the lives of the next generation of learners? If this sounds like you then don’t wait, Swinburne’s Vocational Education team is now inviting applications of interest for a casual teacher to commence immediately!
In this role you will inspire, engage and educate our students for the 21st century, through implementing industry best practice and applying current learning technologies and contemporary learning pedagogies. You will work collaboratively within a team of education professionals to plan, deliver, assess, evaluate and ensure compliance of high-quality education and training programs. This role requires our teachers to be able to customise and adapt our programs to meet our learners and clients’ needs that vary from certificate level through to diploma and associate degree levels.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Vocational experience relevant to the nominated teaching programs
- Demonstrated excellence or capacity to implement high quality approaches in teaching and assessment, using a variety of learning modes, which respond to diverse student learning needs.
- Demonstrated experience or capacity to structure learning experiences, which develop students’ vocational and generic skills, including the capacity for innovation.
- Demonstrated excellence or capacity to implement high quality approaches in teaching and assessment, using a variety of learning modes which respond to diverse student learning needs
- Demonstrated experience or the capacity to develop learning and assessment resources.
- Relevant degree or vocational qualification in vocational areas applicable to Vocational Education programs (essential)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or its successor) (preferred)
- AQF6 level (or above) Qualification in Education (preferred)
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position.
To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
For further information about the position, please contact Lei Shi | firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please note that emailed applications will not be accepted and will be directed to apply via the careers webpage.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to Swinburne’s Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on email@example.com.
Submit your application today! – the advertising period for this role will close Sunday 28 January 2024 at 11pm, although we will be accessing applications and may commence interviews if suitable candidates have been identified early in the advertising period.
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For any support please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au or for more information on our Indigenous strategies please follow the link to our RAP Reconciliation Action Plan
Victoria’s Commitment to Action: Improving international student employment outcomes
As a signatory to Victoria’s Commitment to Action
, Swinburne seeks to remove barriers to international graduate employment. We welcome and encourage applications from international graduates.