About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Media Advisor to join the collaborative and high-performing Swinburne team.
The Media Advisor supports Swinburne’s ambitious vision by creating engaging and purposeful content and communications that drive positive media coverage.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Media and External Communications, the Media Advisor works closely with other team members and stakeholders across the university to unearth great stories and talent, respond to media enquiries, connect with journalists, contribute to major campaigns and deliver content that engages with audiences across external and internal channels.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
• Develop and produce high quality communications to target audiences across a range of content types (including text, photos, video, infographics).
• Work collaboratively across the university to provide high quality communications for integrated communication channels, including media releases, briefings and responses to journalist enquiries.
• Plan, document and track delivery of the team’s key activities related to media and external communications campaigns
• Work closely with stakeholders and partners to ensure that media objectives are clearly defined and considered in the planning of communications activities.
• Provide guidance to Swinburne staff to align and collaborate on communications activities, including for mainstream media, internal channels and social media.
For more information on this role, please refer to the job description.
• Completion of a tertiary qualification with substantial relevant experience in corporate (external and internal) communications, PR, media or a related field.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
• Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
• Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
• Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
• Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position.
To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to Swinburne’s Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
For more information on this role, please contact Deputy Director, Media & External Communications, Max Halden via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on email@example.com.
Applications Close: 18th of February at 5pm
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For any support please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
or for more information on our Indigenous strategies please follow the link to our RAP Reconciliation Action Plan
Victoria’s Commitment to Action: Improving international student employment outcomes
As a signatory to Victoria’s Commitment to Action
, Swinburne seeks to remove barriers to international graduate employment. We welcome and encourage applications from international graduates.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant