Engineer, Chapter Lead Digital Customer Experience
First, a bit about ANZ..
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to why our purpose to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
About Digital Customer Experience
The Digital Customer Experience tribe (DCX) is responsible for the mobile experience of millions of ANZ customers. We build and operate the ANZ App and its platform, accelerating our delivery cycles to better serve our customers. Our platform includes both iOS and Android apps as well as its respective ecosystems, microservices, myriad set of environments, operating systems, containers and cloud platforms.
As an Engineer Chapter Lead in DCX, You will have significant hands on engineering\development experience to drive software delivery excellence and best in class engineering standards for the platform. You will enforce best practices for development teams and guide the overarching platform architectural needs while ensuring it remains aligned from Enterprise direction through to development, delivery and support.
You will also be responsible for building world class capability in your chapter members. Youll be a role model for our ways of working and be passionate about coaching, mentoring and developing others to be the best versions of themselves. You will provide technical guidance and leadership.
Who are you?
- You solve for problems and issues that matter. Youll work on providing solutions that make an impact to customers. Youll have a laser focus on customers, using human-centred design to provide simple and impactful solutions.
- You develop both breadth and depth. We want great engineers, and we will foster our peoples talent by giving opportunities to work on things that develop both your deep technical expertise, as well as your broad end-to-end understanding. At times you may be coding in a specific platform, and at other times you may work on enterprise-wide solutions across the business either way, you get to work on missions that excite you and ignites your passion.
- You work Agile in multidisciplinary teams. Working Agile means you will be constantly testing, iterating, and making rapid decisions as you go. You will get to self-organise and work in squads consisting of developers, ops engineers, customer journey experts and product owners who come from different domains. Its not about getting something perfect, but about constantly testing and iterating.
- You own it. Most importantly, youll get to deliver end to end service, and shape how ANZ delivers on their commitment to providing great customer service through technology.
What you bring to Digital Customer Experience as an Engineer, Chapter Lead?
- A thirst and willingness to expand knowledge with new technologies (e.g. self learning, community involvement, or contributing to open source) bringing benefits into the tribe
- Work with operations and architecture groups developing scalable and supportable applications
- Design, implement, triage and diagnose defects/issues across the full stack
- Write unit tests, perform code reviews, and be involved with design discussions about architecture, data models, business logic
You will also have the following specialised skills:
- Leader in software engineering development and associated methodologies
- Experience in CI\CD, Cloud and automation
- Experience in processes and technology standards.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong focus on quality
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills
- Experience in IT Security tools
- Obsessed with software engineering excellence, new methodologies and leading change
If you are passionate about coding, obsess about code quality and automation, managing technical debt, excited to learn and teach others and always put customer first - WE WANT YOU!!
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers
. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number Taleo Job Code AUS082530