Education & Training
At Swinburne, we’ve been evolving our in-house marketing capability with new expertise, processes, and technology – and we’re now after a Social Media Specialist who lives, breathes and plays across the myriad channels available out there.
Reporting into the Social Media Manager, you’ll be responsible for delivering a diverse mix of social media activities across multiple channels. To do so, you’ll consult and collaborate with fellow content creators from marketing, communications and other teams.
It goes without saying that you
• Have completed a degree in marketing, advertising, communications or digital media.
• Worked in a similar social media role for a large and complex organisation.
• Implemented social media plans across various segments, markets and platforms such including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter. Experience with Snapchat, Weibo and WeChat is a plus.
• Look forward to improving our social content and style so that our channels speak in an unmistakably Swinburne voice.
• Have developed content for a range of audiences and channels.
• Have demonstrated experience in aligning audience needs and preferences with marketing and communications strategies and objectives.
• Are up to date with the latest trends in data and technology to help improve the process and performance of social media activity.
• Are a team player and can manage multiple projects, deadlines and stakeholders without breaking (too much of) a sweat.
A full list of the selection criteria is available in the position description
Swinburne University of Technology has a long, proud history of educating and training students for over 100 years. Swinburne focuses on providing high-quality, career-oriented education with strong links to industry and the community. Swinburne currently has over 54,000 students.
As a Swinburne staff member you will have access to many benefits such as career development opportunities including 50% study reduction and staff and management development programs. You will receive up to 17% employer contributions (pension) and various discounts on annual Myki cards, private health insurance and movie tickets. We also recognise the need to support the work/life balance and flexible needs of our staff. As such a range of flexible working arrangements including paid maternity/partner leave, onsite childcare, working from home and part time options are available.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
How to apply
To start an application, click on 'begin' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information, please contact Adriana Karavidas (Social Media Manager) via email on email@example.com.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties submitting your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 5pm on Friday 22nd March 2019.
Ensure that your online CV is up to date as employers are always searching our online CV database of candidates.
A member of our staff is ready to help you with any questions you may have.