Unfortunately this vacancy is no longer open. Please contact a member of staff if you require assistance.
Education & Training
Swinburne’s emphasis is on high quality, engaged teaching and research in science, technology, business, design and innovation – teaching and research that makes a difference in the lives of individuals and contributes to national economic and social objectives.
About the job
The Director of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) makes business wide decisions related to how Swinburne uses technology and data to enhance performance that supports the University’s vision and strategic objectives. The role is accountable for developing and executing the ICT strategy, policies and procedures that governs the integrity, reliability, security and performance of Information and Communication Technology.
The role will drive cost-effective operations and manage the ICT annual operating and capital budgets, maximizing returns from ICT investments to improve operational effectiveness.
Swinburne ICT has a strategic focus, partnering with the business to deliver programs of work that align to each of the University’s three strategic pillars: Future Ready Learners, Research with Impact and Innovative Enterprise.
As a technology centre of excellence, Swinburne ICT also participates in the teaching, learning and research functions of the University. Through this integrated partnership, we aim to improve the experience of students and researchers, delivering on opportunities through the application of ICT and digital innovations made possible by emerging technologies.
Key Accountabilities include:
• Drive the ICT Strategy, ensuring alignment with Swinburne’s overall strategy and strategic priorities.
• Translate the strategy into Operational Plans, ensuring strong communication and alignment with team KPIs
• Lead and develop a team of experienced professionals in the delivery of ICT support and services across the University
• Develop and manage the ICT operating and capital budgets
• Work closely with the University Executive Group to align ICT processes and procedures with overall business goals, providing strategic ICT advice including innovation, change and business improvement
• Oversee the development and maintenance of all IT infrastructure and provide leadership in the purchase and acquisition of new technology and equipment
• Regularly review and update the University’s cyber security strategy
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
• Completion of an undergraduate degree
• Post Graduate certifications relevant to ICT / Leadership disciplines
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar leadership position, including extensive people managementver business value
• Proven experience in re-structuring a team and roles, ensuring strategic and operational goals are reflected in KPIs; driving a high performance culture
• Experience in preparing and managing operational and capital budgets
• Excellent stakeholder relationship management skills, including the ability to interact, influence, manage expectations
A full list of both accountabilities and selection criteria is available within the position description
A comprehensive range of benefits is available to staff at Swinburne including professional development and salary packaging.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit http://www.swinburne.edu.au/about/jobs/why-work-at-swinburne/
How to apply
To view the position description or to start an application click on 'Apply' at the bottom of this page.
For further information about the position, please contact Rowena King via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com.
For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Ensure that your online CV is up to date as employers are always searching our online CV database of candidates.
A member of our staff is ready to help you with any questions you may have.