- Are you passionate about the future of work, and helping businesses build the strategic capabilities they need?
- Do you have a track record of designing and delivering workforce planning initiatives balancing internal and external, supply and demand?
- Are you a big thinker that can connect the dots and help to shape ANZs future workforce?
- Do you love data and are you passionate about the why and the how?
- Are you curious about working agile every day, and putting the customer at the heart of everything you do?
About The Role
Role Location: Melbourne
Role Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Our HR function, known as Talent & Culture (T&C), brings ANZs purpose to life by working with our people to solve the problems of today, and equipping them with skills and experiences to adapt to the challenges of the future.
As an Employee Journey Expert, you will be part of the Future Force squad. This squad partners with the ANZ Business Leaders who are facing the biggest workforce disruptions to develop greater understanding of the current and future capabilities that will enable us to deliver on our strategic priorities. You will work alongside your peers to identify and provide solutions for future capability requirements (e.g. build, buy, borrow, bot, balance) so the workforce and the Bank can continue to thrive.
You should apply because you enjoy working to solve complex problems, and have a strong track record of helping business leaders to build the strategic workforce capabilities they require to succeed, in a world that is being massively disrupted by technology and innovation. You are adept at both strategic/innovative thinking and delivery, and can work with multiple stakeholders who face competing priorities. You are a curious, pragmatic individual who has strong analytical and stakeholder management skills and can collaborate seamlessly with others.
The radical redesign of our function has seen traditional HR accountabilities renamed, and aligned to the agile methodology with tribes, squads and chapters but name changes are just the beginning. The transformation of Talent and Culture has us putting the employee at the heart of everything we do and embracing agile ways of working and human centred design to focus on delivering better end-to-end experiences for our people.
What will be in your toolkit?
- Ability to consult, with an intense passion and curiosity to understand needs and wants
- Taking a pragmatic approach to your problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to explore needs in a data-driven way, develop and implement innovative solutions, test the outcomes and iterate
- You will not only understand the behaviours and culture around you, but also be a competent systems thinker to drive effectiveness.
- A demonstrated thirst for better understanding the employee and the organisation, define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Commercial acumen with the ability to put theory into practice.
- Excellent research skills both qualitative and quantitative with a level of mastery in your ability to draw conclusive insights that can shape ANZs future
- Excellent interpersonal skills with listening, probing and challenging being a key strength
- You will be energised by tackling complex problems using your critical thinking, network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for the end user and the bank
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Experienced workforce planning specialist who can demonstrate an ability to systematically understand current and future state of a workforce and application of action plans to address the gaps.
- Strategic thinking
- Practical experience of using tools and resources to see over the horizon, and an ability to work up and down the value chain from senior stakeholder engagement and influencing to delivering results, through to hands on application
- Understanding of the general workings of HRIS and its impact on People Metrics, Enterprise Workforce Architecture and change management initiatives
- Project management
- Data analytics
ANZ is a great place to grow. We know our people look to their leaders to understand what is and isnt valued.
Developing a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture. It means we actively encourage people to try new things so we can improve. With effort, we can all learn and grow.
We ask our leaders to practice daily leadership behaviours things like connecting with empathy, empowering people, growing people selflessly, being curious and creating shared clarity. These are the leadership behaviours we need to transform ANZ. We support our leaders with tools, tips and online coaching.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS103734