Unfortunately this vacancy is no longer open. Please contact a member of staff if you require assistance.
Advertising, Arts & Media
Not sure if you really want to keep making ads for (insert name of brand you don’t believe in)? Then stop. At Swinburne, your work will help connect people to the uni course that could get them started in a great career or turn around an existing one. Working with in-house designers and the video/photo production team, you’ll focus on fresh, new ways to express our brand to wide and varied audiences, from Year 12 students to middle- career changers. That means conceptualising and writing ad copy for social, web, SEM, print, outdoor, radio and video. On top of that, you’ll have ample chance to exercise your long form writing chops for campaign websites, articles, doco-style video and collateral. Nodding? Read on.
This is you:
• Have several years’ experience as a copywriter or content writer in a medium to large ad agency, digital agency or publisher.
• Are well-versed in the science and art of writing Google AdWords, Facebook advertising and digital display copy.
• Are a through-the-line thinker. In your portfolio, we want to see omni-channel ad campaign ideas and killer copy in press, outdoor, brochures and web too. Have long form articles, video or radio work in your book? Bonus!
• Understand the fundamentals of SEO.
• Don’t just ‘write’. You proactively seek answers before starting a project and present your work engagingly. You see feedback as a challenge to respond with an even better solution.
• Manage multiple projects, deadlines and stakeholders without breaking (too much of) a sweat.
• Have completed a degree in advertising, communications, writing or similar.
How to apply
To view the position description or start an application, click on 'begin' at the bottom of this page to submit a resume and cover letter.
Note – candidates without portfolios will not be considered, please provide a link to this in your cover letter.
For further information, please contact Clare Monte (Content Development Coordinator) via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties submitting your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com.
Applications close: 11pm on Sunday 8th December, 2019.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Ensure that your online CV is up to date as employers are always searching our online CV database of candidates.
A member of our staff is ready to help you with any questions you may have.