About the Job
Swinburne University has defined globalisation as a key strategic theme, making a commitment to significantly expand this aspect of its activities and the position of Pro Vice-Chancellor Education (Global) (PVCEG) will have primary responsibility for this goal in Pathways and Vocational Education (PAVE). This expansion will involve the development of partnership arrangements for the delivery of Swinburne vocational qualifications offshore. Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, PAVE the PVCEG is responsible for providing strategic direction to, and operational management of, Vocational Education program delivery in PAVE.
The role has a significant focus on providing and managing opportunities for the international student market and in conjunction with key stakeholders, to grow the International student market for national and international vocational education delivery within PAVE.
The PVCEG also has overall responsibility for vocational education program continuous improvement, operational budgets, quality assurance and for the development and engagement of a high performing workforce with the capabilities to realise the University’s vision and goals.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multi-sector university of science, technology and innovation with more than 54,000 students and 5,000 staff globally. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
For more than a century, we have persevered in our commitment to not only provide, but also transform education through strong industry engagement, social inclusion, a desire to innovate and, above all, a determination to create positive change. Our vision for Pathway and Vocational Education (PAVE) is to be the best provider of vocational education in Australia known for our industry and community connections and excellence in student focused learning.
To be suitable you will be a strong commercial and people leader with proven tertiary sector experience, particularly in developing and implementing commercial and/or business strategies in the International student market. With extensive understanding of Australian international education and student engagement, you will provide strategic leadership that fosters innovation of delivery strategies, products and services to meet the University’s Strategic Plan. With excellent interpersonal, consultation and collaboration skills, you will have a proven ability to lead and partner with multiple stakeholders to bring people together around common goals.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality and sustainable vocational education programs that meet the needs of industry and community, whilst maintaining a high level of student and employment satisfaction.
- Identify and drive initiatives that strengthen the vocational education offering for the University, both nationally and internationally.
- Promote and communicate a clear vision for PAVE’s vocational education delivery that supports the strategic direction set by the University.
- Develop strategic alliances to stay abreast of current trends, foster collaborative partnerships and enhance Swinburne’s reputation as an innovative organisation.
- Develop and review marketing strategies in conjunction with relevant stakeholders to grow the International student market for PAVE.
- Establish effective project management systems to successfully manage and monitor the delivery of international student programs, projects and customer/agent relationships.
- Develop and maintain appropriate networks and strategic partnerships with the TAFE sector and employer organisations to obtain support for vocational education program development and initiatives.
- Facilitate collaborative cooperation between core business areas and corporate support services to ensure business processes are adapted and continuously improved within a quality management system.
- Work collaboratively with Senior Leaders across the University to achieve effective and efficient outcomes for teaching, course development, and delivery and use of resources.
- Identify and manage operational, quality and corporate risks as they pertain to vocational education, and where those risks could have a material impact on PAVE, formulate strategies for managing and mitigating those risks.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy 50% study fee reduction
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Private health insurance discounts
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits
How to apply and further information
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link, and submit a resume and cover letter. For further information about this position please contact Leanne Scharenguivel, Recruitment Manager at Swinburne by email email@example.com
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org
. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for women for 10 years in a row and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Applications close at 5pm Friday 31 January 2020