Software UI/UX Engineer (Market Risk) - Sydney (12 Month Fixed Term)
- Software engineering role with diverse user interface related accountabilities and people engagement
- Experience of Market Risk highly advantageous
- Experience in building and designing modern single page web apps from the ground up
- Preferably have previous UX experience
- Ability to learn new tech quickly, problem solve and a can-do attitude will set you on the path to success
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can use the tools at hand to provide a solution with minimal supervision
Market Risk Technology Squad
Our squad resides in the Fixed Income, Derivatives and Market Risk Tech Area within ANZs Institutional bank. Our squad is responsible for providing normalised and aggregated data to our clients.
Experience across cloud engineering would be valuable but not essential, in the development of the future Market Risk Technology architecture on the cloud.
The future Market Risk Technology architecture will need to be cloud ready and have potential to take full advantage of everything AWS offers. The engineer will need to analyse the existing way data is processed and deliver on demand solutions to existing data driven problems.
The type of person we are looking for:
- A self-starter that enjoys a challenge and working in an agile environment.
- Someone who takes pride in their work and will complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Someone who can interface with both technical and business teams within Market Risk.
- Who will develop and nurture relationships with stakeholders to ensure that all system requirements are developed and implemented with the customer in mind.
- Who enjoys learning new technologies and new ways of working.
- Take ownership of design, documentation and development of the user interface.
- Drive continuous improvements of the system development practice and processes.
- Review all deliverables to ensure quality and conformance to standards.
- Presentation of data in a meaningful and functional manner, enabling the business workflow and meeting customer requirements.
- Have good communication skills and are able to work effectively with colleagues located both onshore and offshore.
- Work closely with developers, business and project managers from other teams or projects.
- Excellent telephone consulting skills to gather requirements.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to develop HTML5/CSS3 and React/Angular web applications integrating with a REST microservices backend.
- Several years development experience in 3rd party charting and visualisation tools including Ranet, AG grid, grafana preferable.
- Experience in integration BI tools (e.g. Tableau or Qliksense) and workflow tools (e.g. Appian) with bespoke applications.
- Test automation frameworks, e.g. Selenium essential.
- Experience in the financial industry, markets would be highly regarded. Alternatively, experience in working with various big data tools.
- Experienced with tools such as Git, Maven, JIRA, Confluence and test driven methodologies.
- Other technologies that would be desirable but not essential includes: Openshift, NGINX, Zookeeper, Kafka, JMS, RMI, XML/XSLT, ORM, SQL/MSSQL, Application Servers (Tomcat).
At ANZ we aim to provide a flexible working environment.
ANZ has started to move to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at The ANZ Way vimeo channel where youll find The ANZ Way animation and the New Ways of Working animation.
Weve also got some great information about what its like to work in Engineering@ANZ on our LinkedIn Life page.