Senior Analyst Developer - Regulatory and Compliance - Institutional
The Institutional domain will deliver full end-to-end world class products and services to our global Institutional, Corporate and Commercial and Retail customers across Asia. It will incorporate capabilities across areas of Investment Banking, Trading and Sales, Cash Management, Wholesale Lending and Trade Finance and with a single view of a customer to better integrate business and technology in creating a seamless customer experience. The domain will lead digital transformation in areas such as trade and supply chain management to create a seamless customer experience.
Regulatory and Compliance
Provide and maintain regulatory reporting, surveillance and compliance support services to enable ANZ to comply with its regulatory obligations.
Engineer design, build, test and support applications and / or underlying bank infrastructure. They work closely with squad members to ensure outcomes meet customer expectations.
What does a 'day in the life' look like
- Enables continuous delivery practices to increase delivery speed
- Works in collaborative teams to build innovative solutions
- Utilises tools and practices to build, verify and deploy solutions in the most efficient ways, enhancing tech division capabilities
- Implements a culture within the Tribe and the Chapter, encouraging best practices around reviews, quality and documentation
- Contributes to Engineering communities, meetups and conferences to promote technology development culture and practices
- Provide ongoing support for platforms as required e.g. problem and incident management
- Creates estimates and continuously reviews demand within the individual Squads/teams
- May create, understand and monitor application metrics
The G20 commitment to improve transparency and robustness of OTC markets is leading to a series of market reforms being proposed globally - led by Dodd Frank & Volcker in the US and MiFID II in Europe. The regulatory landscape is ever changing. Therefore, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a seasoned Analyst Developer to work very closely with the ANZ Institutional business in a fast-paced environment to ensure their regulatory obligations in areas of regulatory reporting and reconciliation controls. The ideal candidate is one well-versed in both technology and capital markets business domain.
Specialised SkillsCore Skills
- Self-starter and ability to work collaboratively in a highly autonomous squad team environment delivering values & wins to our customers at speed.
- Proven leadership experience (e.g. seasoned scrum master) - can drive initiatives & team end to end with very minimal guidance.
- Meticulous, excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Solid knowledge on ETL, automated matching and data reconciliation process and platform
- Extensive experience and knowledge of:
- Unix/Python/Perl scripting
- SQL Server and SQL
- RESTful API
- CI/CD (Bitbucket)
- Agile methodologies (Scrum / Kanban / XP)
Highly Desirable Skills and Experience
- Capital Markets / Investment Banking development experience
- Familiar with the financial regulatory landscape (MiFID, Dodd-Frank, Volker, EMIR etc)
- BI or data visualization tools - Qilkview/Tableau
- Infrastructure as code - experienced with containerisation, config
- and orchestration tools (Kubernetes/ Ansible/ Chef/ Puppet)
Things in The Squad Member Toolkit
Things that I am (or strive to be)
- A team player - I know we only win if we all win. I recognise and value the different perspectives and skills my squad mates bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of our mission
- The customers biggest fan - I demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- A collaboration champion - I work closely with my colleagues to ensure alignment and champion the sharing of learning across teams
- Comfortable being uncomfortable - I am comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage myself through ambiguity by making meaning, building relationships and creating clarity with my peers
- Continuous improvement junkie - I constructively challenge the status quo, I look for better ways of doing things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to my own and others growth - I strive to stretch and grow myself and others by identifying my own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver - I am energised by tackling complex problems. I use my critical thinking, network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Commercially and Tech curious - I have a wide-angled lens. I am curious about whats happening in the external market and in emerging trends and innovations (technological and otherwise) and how we use this information to better inform our decisions and actions.
- Risk savvy - I build sustainable solutions that protect stakeholders and customers and proactively address risks by role-modelling improvements in the banks overall risk and control environment.
How I approach my growth (Growth Mindset)
- I believe that my ability can be developed through focussed effort
- I see my true potential as unknowable
- I believe in stretch
- I seek opportunities to test myself
- I learn from mistakes
How I contribute to the ANZ culture (New Ways of Leading)
- Be Curious - I create a learning environment by modelling, encouraging and rewarding curiosity and purposeful experimentation
- Create Shared Clarity - I bring people on the journey, creating a shared understanding of our context, purpose, goals and progress. Even when its ambiguous, I create focus and enough certainty to deliver and succeed.
- Connect with Empathy - I listen to, care about and connect personally with people, striving to put myself in their shoes. I have courageous conversations with empathy, which help everyone move forward.
- Empower People - I give people the space and confidence to think, decide and act with autonomy, and trust that they can deliver exceptional things with support and encouragement.
- Grow People Selflessly - I help others to see their potential, grow and be ready for a future that is constantly changing. I challenge myself to do the same.
- Integrity - we are honest and fair
- Collaboration - we work together for the customer
- Accountability - we take ownership and get things done
- Respect - we care for all we serve
- Excellence - we challenge ourselves to be better
Visit our ANZ Life page for more information on how we work at ANZ.
Weve also got some great information about what its like to work in Data@ANZ on our LinkedIn Life page.
Weve also got some great information about what its like to work in Engineering@ANZ on our LinkedIn Life page.
Bit about ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to why - our purpose - to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ has started to move to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at The ANZ Way vimeo channel where youll find The ANZ Way animation and the New Ways of Working animation.
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued and supported.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.