The Permanency Support Program supports safety, wellbeing and positive life outcomes for children and young people in the child protection and OOHC systems in NSW.
The PSP Caseworker will be responsible for the overall case management and case coordination, advocacy and monitoring of placement quality for children and young people in and out of home care.
This is a full time permanent position based in Dubbo, NSW.
- Actively participate in appropriate placement of children and young people, aged 0-18 years according to their needs, including the matching process for care.
- Review referrals for placements on the Referral Management System (RMS) from Community services and match with current available carers. Propose placements on the RMS when an appropriate match is likely.
- Develop and implement a leaving care plan for each young person on your caseload in consultation with the young person, their carer and/ or their birth family and any other relevant agencies.
- Provide information on leaving care to all children turning 15 years old and their carers.
- Facilitate restoration of children and/or young people to their birth family as directed by Family and Community services following the making of a children’s court order.
- Write assessment reports to the court which may include placement progress updates during interim court orders or S28 and S76 reports following final order as required.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (minimum Diploma) and minimum 2 years working in an equivalent position in the community sector.
- Demonstrated casework/ case management experience.
- Experience in managing challenging situations within a strengths-based approach.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of child and adolescent behaviour and development.
- Current drivers licence and willingness to transport families and children.
For further information please contact Zoe Banbury on 0428 734 381.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.