About the Job
As Manager, Learning Technologies you will be at the forefront of innovation in using technologies to enhance students’ experience in line with our 2025 strategic goals. In this role you will manage the development, implementation and evaluation of existing and emerging learning technologies to enhance teaching quality, and support wider student learning across Swinburne.
A real people-person, you will build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as LMS providers, product/technology vendors, project managers and technical experts. Drawing on your previous experience with learning technologies and Learning Management Systems (LMS) you will use a data driven approach to ensure effective blended and online learning experiences for our students.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multi-sector university of science, technology and innovation with more than 54,000 students and 5,000 staff globally. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our mission is to be a world-class university, creating economic and social impact through science, technology and innovation. We aim to deliver future-ready learners, research with impact and innovative enterprise.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A degree qualification plus extensive relevant experience or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience in working at a high level with Learning Management Systems and associated systems.
- Demonstrated experience and interest in exploring and adopting innovative technologies including learning analytics.
- Ability to support academic and teaching staff in the use of the Learning Management System (LMS) and educational technologies for online and blended learning and assessment.
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Paid parental leave for primary caregivers and secondary caregivers
- Private health insurance discounts
- Discounted annual Myki cards are available to Swinburne staff
- Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans.
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits
How to apply and further information
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link, and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description. For further information about this position, Charlotte Brack, Director, Learning Transformations on 9214 4929.
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org
. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for women for 10 years in a row and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Applications close at 5pm Wednesday 19 February 2020