Are you passionate about your industry/vocation and see yourself as a stand-out Vocational Education teacher if given the opportunity?
Do you seek employment as a Vocational Education teacher, but are held back because you do not have the required qualification?
Would you like to embark on a career-change, but cannot take time out from work to study or gain experience in a teaching setting?
About the Job
We are looking for dynamic and aspirational candidates seeking to advance their career and train to become vocational education trainers and assessors in the following fields:
- Trades and Engineering Technologies
- Business and Finance
- Design, Media and ICT
Swinburne Vocational Education is providing a unique employment opportunity for trade and industry professionals to join a pilot program that will offer:
- An 18-month contract where you are paid to study and work.
- Completion of a cost-free TAE40116 Certificate IV in training and Assessment. This program will be delivered at Swinburne Croydon and Wantirna campuses through face to face classes, online modules, teaching observation and training under supervision.
- Support and mentorship to develop your skills as a new vocational education trainer and assessor
- A competitive salary for the full duration of your contract to support your transition from a trade and industry professional to fully qualified trainer and assessor, with the intention of ongoing employment opportunities for stand-out graduates of the pilot.
Key Selection Criteria
To be successful in the role you:
- Do not hold the current, complete TAE40116 Certificate IV in training and Assessment or other higher qualification in the Training and Education Training Package.
- Hold a degree or qualification in the industry/vocational areas applicable to one or more of the fields listed for this position.
- Have extensive industry/vocational experience applicable to one of more of the fields listed for this position and demonstrated up-to-date skills and current standards of practice.
- Have high-level communication and interpersonal skills, which includes the ability to adapt communication style to suit audience and context, build strong rapport and relationships with colleagues and clients and demonstrate respect for diversity.
- Have a genuine desire to transition into a career where you can teach and inspire students and prepare them for work in your field.
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Discounted gym memberships â€“ including the Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC)
- Onsite health services
- Private health insurance discounts
- Discounted annual Myki cards are available to Swinburne staff
- Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans.
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits
How to apply and further information
Please submit your application by clicking on the â€˜Applyâ€™ link, and submitting a resume. For further information about this position, contact Susan Elmasri, (Manager, PAVE Senior Secondary Programs) on 03 9726 1654.
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org
. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contactDeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for women for 10 years in a row and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Applications close at 5pm Sunday 29 March 2020