RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
As an internationally recognized Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam assists in the development of the region by providing opportunities for students from around the world to belong to an international educational community that supports them to achieve their potential in an increasingly globalized world.
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The role and responsibilities
The Lecturer you will contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the University, in disciplines related to their field of expertise. Specifically, the Lecturer will carrying out teaching activities within undergraduate and, potentially, Masters programs to maintain and advancing their scholarly, research and/or professional capabilities. The Lecturer will actively promote the program by establishing and maintaining memberships, links and partnerships with academic, industry and professional communities.
For a more detailed account of the position responsibilities, you can click on the following link:
B&I_Lecturer, Logistics & Supply Chain_Oct 2019.pdf
Key selection criteria
PhD/DBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management and/or Operations Management or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification.
Broad and in-depth knowledge of the disciplines mentioned above, specifically in the Logistics and Supply Chain Management discipline
Demonstrated ability to prepare and teach programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
Demonstrated experience or ability to undertake course coordination role.
Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
Emerging track record and recognition for quality research outputs which will contribute to existing Discipline and School research areas evidenced by publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding, and industry links.
Demonstrated ability to supervise higher degree by research candidates.
Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration within and across campuses.
Ability to build or demonstrate ability to build, successful networks with colleagues and generate alternative funding projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
Recent and sustained performance regarding student outcomes, student experience and feedback; combined with experience and skill in a range of teaching settings.
Benefits for successful applicants:
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for Vietnamese candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development.
- 20 days annual leave plus two University public holidays (in addition to standard VN public holidays) plus additional 4 days paid leave over Christmas period 2019, plus 10 days sick leave per annum.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance + flight (for expatriates relocating from outside Vietnam) + reimbursement of all work permit and visa related costs + private medical insurance + annual health check
- Vietnamese candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance + annual health check.
- Free on-site gym facilities plus variety of well being and fitness classes available to staff.
- Access to extensive international online library and resources
- Undergraduate education fee support for dependents after a two-year qualifying period.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0, or BULATS Advanced level (BULATS score 75) or equivalent.
- As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit you will need a PhD qualification and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching Economics subject in a tertiary education environment.
Academic FAQ's RMIT Vietnam 2018.pdf
NEW Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Academic 2018.pdf
How to apply
Click on the Apply Now link. Applications close on 1 March 2020.
Trans and Gender Diverse applicants
Inclusion is at the durrung (or heart) of who we are. We aim to create an environment where staff and students who identify as trans and gender diverse feel supported to succeed and belong.
We recognise the challenges faced by the trans and gender diverse community when applying for a new role.
At RMIT, we aim to support you from the start. Our Talent Acquisition team are active members of the RMIT Ally network.
For enquires or support through the application, recruitment and onboarding process, applicants who identify as trans or gender diverse are invited to contact Mat Lewis at email@example.com