Senior Account Executive
Do you have well-rounded experience as an Senior Account Executive within the Telco or ICT industry? Are you looking to use your knowledge and relationship building skills to work in a small diverse team and be a part of a global technology leader?
We are looking for a dedicated and driven Senior Account Executive to join our Sydney team to work on one of our major Telco partner accounts plus service new and existing clients.
Ideally, you will be someone who has a passion for building strategic partnerships, building revenue, and maximising relationships.
Who are we?
Equinix is the one of the largest growing Data Centre companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. Thats why we're always looking for creative and visionary people who can help us achieve our goal global interconnection. With over 190 datacenters in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home of the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations, and complex cloud and application solutions.
Build Customer Relationships
- Plans, builds, and maintains relationships with key stakeholders in assigned accounts/prospects
- Facilitates customer relationships to ensure timely resolution of customer issues
- Conducts quarterly business reviews with customers to identify and develop new selling opportunities
- Leads Executive Briefings
Leverage Internal & External Partners
- Leads and drives coordinated sales approach with the extended sales team (Sales Engineers, Solutions Architect, Customer Care, SSA, Commercial Solutions, Sales Operations, etc.) and external partners (Reseller, Strategic Alliance, etc.)
- Collaborates with global sales team to sell global Equinix platform
- Demonstrates consistent cross region exports
- Understands business drivers of accounts and leverages strategic alliances and reseller partners to penetrate accounts
- Researches and documents detailed understanding of customer business and organizational landscape
- Develops strategic, global account plans focused on maintaining/growing accounts
- Drives strategic, global & multi-line of business global account plans
- Identifies customers business needs, challenges, and technical requirements to match to Equinix solutions in partnership with SEs/SAs
- Leading delivery of pitch, leveraging SE/SAs where appropriate; adapts pitch to customer needs and persona
- Proven proficiency of Equinix product set and solutions
- Sells full suite of Equinix offerings to include global footprint and achieves exports
- Leverages external partners to drive solution development in new areas/prospects
- Proactively addresses high churn risk customers leveraging internal resources and external partners
- Facilitates customer contract renewals and negotiations to protect revenue
- Leverages internal resources to understand customers contractual obligations around notice periods, renew terms, Equinix exposure
- Actively monitors and maintains status of opportunities in SFDC, following the principles of forecasting
- Identifies at risk accounts, expiring contracts and forecasts churn
- Prioritizes list of accounts/prospects for short and long-term pursuit to achieve assigned sales objectives
- Provides accurate forecasts
- May focus on particular vertical or sub-vertical within a dedicated sector
- Coordinates with Opportunity Development Team to strategize lead & sales opportunity qualification
- Pursues highest propensity prospects, fills the funnel with opportunities; pitching prospects primarily at C-level; leveraging industry contact sand partners
- Actively prospects account base to sell global platform and achieves exports outside of country
- Utilizes available tools to prospect and leverage account strategy plans
- Leads commercial offer and contract negotiations, leveraging internal resources as needed to obtain best commercial terms possible
- Understands commercial levers and problem solves to make initial recommendations on deal structure
- Partners with sales leadership to present at regional deal review
- Mentors Account Executives or other sales professionals; leads special projects, provides guidance to team on new products/processes/best practices
- Over 10 years experience in a similar role within the industry of IT, telecommunications or ICT
- Comfortable working in a high pressure, customer facing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English are essential
- Positive attitude and hunter mentality
- Bachelors Degree required
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing organisational needs.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.