About the Job
Owing to an internal promotion we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Teacher / Course Coordinator to join the Health, Arts and Design team within Swinburne Academy. As the Senior Teacher/ Course Coordinator for Arts and Design you will lead and work collaboratively within a team of education professionals to plan, deliver, assess, evaluate and ensure compliance of high quality education and training programs.
This role requires our teachers to be able to customise and adapt our programs to meet our learners and clients’ needs that vary from certificate level through to diploma and associate degree levels. In this role you will inspire, engage and educate our students for the 21st century, implementing industry best practice and applying current learning technologies and contemporary learning pedagogies.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- AQF5 level (or above) Qualification in Adult Education
- Demonstrated ability to implement high quality innovative teaching and learning programs in a variety of learning modes, which respond to diverse student learning needs
- Industry experience relevant to the nominated teaching programs
- Demonstrated ability to participate effectively in continuous program improvement, and develop high quality teaching and informal assessment materials
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Discounted gym memberships – including Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC)
- Free access to the HALC swimming pools
- Onsite health services
- Private health insurance discounts
- Weekly yoga and Pilates classes
- Discounted annual Myki cards are available to Swinburne staff
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
How to apply and further information
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link, and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr Walter Robles, on email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for women for 10 years in a row and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Applications close at 5pm Thursday 5th March 2020