The Permanency Support Program (formally OOHC) provide tailored services to vulnerable children so that they can grow up in stable, secure and loving homes. The PSP Program supports safety, wellbeing and positive life outcomes for children and young people in the child protection and OOHC systems in NSW.
This position is responsible for overseeing the day to day functions of the PSP program including the supervision and support of the PSP team. This is a full time 12 month maternity leave contract, where you will be based in our office in North Parramatta.
As a Coordinator you will:
- Develop and monitor the implementation of services that provide a high quality of care in all aspects for children and young people in the program. This includes regular monitoring and auditing against Uniting’s PSP Policy and Procedures and in line with OOHC Accreditation Standards as set out by the Children’s Guardian.
- Work in close collaboration with the program’s Carer Engagement and Support Coordinator to support the recruitment and retention of foster carers for the PSP program.
- Participate in referral and placement mechanisms to determine suitability of referrals to the PSP Program in accordance with the OOHC Service Provision Guidelines (NSW Dept Family & Community Services). Approve all placements into the foster care program.
- Regularly monitor and report on the work of your program and outcomes achieved against your operational plan.
- Lead and work as a member of your team and provide positive support to your team members.
- Provide and record regular team meetings, supervision and appraisals for all your staff.
- Provide effective performance management and timely response to staff issues as they arise
This role would ideally suit an experienced coordinator or manager within the Social Services Sector.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor qualifications in the social sciences and a minimum experience working with OOHC and/or Child Protection Centre
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage people; develop and maintain motivated, professional and effective team/s
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working within the OOHC sector
- Proven ability to establish partnerships and achieved common desired outcomes with relevant communities and organisations
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours and to meet service user needs( as directed and required).
- Sound financial management skills
- A current driver’s license and current NSW WWCC
Benefits & Culture
- Offering ongoing training and mentoring so you can continue to improve and learn new skills
- Ensuring a family friendly workplace and flexible working hours
- 5 days ex-gratia leave at Christmas in addition to your 4 weeks annual leave
- An accessible employee assistance program to support your wellbeing
If you feel you have the passion and ability to make a real difference then please apply now. For a confidential discussion, please email Zoe Banbury on email@example.com
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Checks