• Join a dynamic team and support leadership and volunteering activities
• Full time, ongoing position
• SSAA Level 5: $69,318 + 17% superannuation
About the Job
If you have a genuine interest in helping University students develop employability skills through volunteering, then this is the ideal role for you!
A rare opportunity exists for a passionate and growth-minded individual to join Swinburne Student Life as a Leadership & Volunteering Officer.
In this role, you will play an integral part in connecting students to meaningful volunteering opportunities both on campus and in the community. You will work within a dedicated team, who are focused on meeting the needs of our growing and diverse student community.
In particular, you will develop and implement new initiatives to drive volunteer recruitment and engagement. In addition to building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure a range of suitable volunteer opportunities are available to students.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multi-sector university of science, technology and innovation with more than 54,000 students and 5,000 staff globally. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Swinburne Student Life runs services and activities to support and engage students at Swinburne during their studies. To find out more about us, please visit the Swinburne Student Life website, and the Swinburne Student Life portal. To keep up to date with the awesome work that we’re doing, please make sure you follow Razor the Razorback on Facebook!
To be successful in the role, you will have:
• A degree with subsequent relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
• Demonstrate relevant experience in volunteer recruitment and/or engagement.
• A proactive approach to planning including the ability to effectively prioritise and manage a range of projects.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver outstanding customer service to a diverse customer base, by:
-Developing and implementing new initiatives.
-Taking an innovative approach to customer service.
-Leveraging cross-functional collaboration.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to negotiate and collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
• Discounted gym memberships – including Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC)
• Weekly yoga and Pilates classes
• Discounted annual Myki cards are available to Swinburne staff
• Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans.
For more information on benefits, please visit here
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application click on ‘apply' at the bottom of this page and submit the following:
• Cover letter addressing the following three key selection criteria:
1. Demonstrate relevant experience in volunteer recruitment and/or engagement.
2. Demonstrated ability to deliver outstanding customer service to a diverse customer base, by:
• Implementing new initiatives
• Taking an innovative approach to customer service
• Leveraging cross-functional collaboration
3. Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to negotiate and collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders.
For further information about the position, please contact Sara Luckman, Team leader - Leadership & Volunteering 9214 5445 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 6th March 2020.