WeÂ’re excited by design & engineering
WeÂ’re looking for someone specific for a landmark opportunity in ANZÂ’s design & engineering history. As a super experienced and passionate Front-End Developer youÂ’ll be the engineering lead in the ANZ Brand & Design SystemÂ’s (BDS) core team. YouÂ’ll be championing and executing engineering for design systems best practice across the bank, and be passionate about bringing our community on the journey.
YouÂ’ll lead and represent the engineering community within our core team, as well as executive engagements. YouÂ’ll work with other members of the core team to establish standards, roadmaps and support frameworks for our federated teams.
WhatÂ’s in it for you?
- Flexible working. This family friendly culture is supported by peers and managers alike.
- Workplace Equality. In every sense of the word.
- Â“Dress for Your DayÂ”. No need for a suit and tie. ThereÂ’s an open and relaxed policy about what you can wear to work.
- And a heap of other benefits from education to volunteer leave to flexible working. Learn about these (and more) at https-//www.anz.com.au/careers/life-at-anz/belong/
What we look for
- Minimum 6+ years front-end engineering experience
- Solid and demonstrable experience engineering and executing the delivery of at least one other design system for a large organisation
- A great communicator, who can evolve and articulate the BDS team vision and mission to a variety of audiences
- A holistic Â“bigger pictureÂ” thinker
- Adopts an inclusive, collaborative style across a range of disciplines from specialists to executives that's in line with ANZ's values
- A company-wide Â‘systemsÂ’ mindset to influence componentry, documentation and tooling at scale
- Ability to set up knowledge-sharing opportunities that promote collaboration and execution
- Ability to think objectively and to lead the initiative from the front as required
- A Â“doerÂ”, with superb planning skills with a sharp focus on start-up type execution
- Comfort working with others in cross functional, agile and continuous delivery teams
- A pragmatic problem solver, hands on, takes ownership and gets things done
- Strong experience guiding and supporting engineering teams working on a range of front-end frameworks on a range of back-end platforms
- Mastery over semantic, responsive, cross-browser, accessible HTML/CSS
- Strong grounding in native app development principles (iOS and Android)
- Proficient with Git and the Command Line
- Stay on top of the latest design systems thinking, engaging with the wider community and bringing valuable learnings back to the organisation
- Good understanding of brand identity
What does a 'day in the life' look like?
- You are part of a strong and small core team who likes to Â“get things doneÂ”
- You develop and communicate strategic assets like standards, roadmaps and support frameworks
- Understanding the communityÂ’s needs, pains and gains with the system
- Providing support to broader collaborating engineering teams
- Documenting and evangelising best practices for mark-up semantics, accessibility, responsiveness, and general component usage