About The Role
- Build your career your way
- Career progressing opportunity
- Be part of an organisation with many different career opportunities to explore
Role Location: 833 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
Role Type: Permanent Full Time
As a Senior Relationship Credit Manager, you will lead the Relationship Credit function within the relevant portfolio. This is done by working directly and proactively with the Client, Credit Risk and Relationship to drive appetite and complete the broader credit assessment function and ensure an optimal, well managed portfolio.
In this role, you are expected to ensure that new transactions are structured and completed within acceptable risk parameters in accordance with Business Writing Strategy, Risk Policies, and Risk Grading Guidelines. You will be collaborating with Product Partners, Relationship, Directors, Senior Relationship Managers, clients, as well as Credit Risk to drive credit strategy. You will also mentor and develop Relationship Credit Managers and Assistant Managers to maintain high quality credit assessment standards, appraisals and submissions. It is also your responsibility to conduct annual and periodic reviews of customers operating and financial performance are completed in a timely manner, including zero tolerance for overdue annual reviews and financial monitoring. You are also expected to support new to bank, customer account plans and business proposals by using industry and client analysis. You will be leading workshops and/or provide support and recommendations for existing and new customers. Lastly, you will Identify, monitor and take appropriate actions in respect of deteriorating and high risk credits in line with the Banks risk profile and appetite. About You
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Strong experience in Banking, Finance or Related Industry.
- Tertiary qualified.
- Ability to identify business drivers and mitigate key risks and provide recommendations across multiple complex corporate entities.
- Financial analysis skills beyond traditional accounting based analysis, a working knowledge of enterprise valuation techniques and an understanding of the drivers of value creation.
- Excellent client and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in succeeding through collaboration
- Significant knowledge of a broad range of Bank products and services.
- Broad knowledge of economic, interest rate and global market conditions, including available equity and debt financing alternatives
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to why our purpose to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key needs inherent requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number Taleo Job Code AUS112031