About the Job
At the Swinburne Business School, we are passionate about elevating the impact, capability and leadership of our Information Systems discipline. The Professor will be at the forefront of delivering this – driving excellence in teaching and research in the field of Business Information Systems, particularly responsible digital transformation.
Working to enhance the academic quality and standing of the discipline’s curriculum, this position will be a key contributor to the community, forming industry and enterprise linkages and promoting the School’s offering on a national and international platform.
The Professor will cultivate and provide energetic leadership in research across the Faculty of Business and Law, leading a research team, managing key projects and fostering national and international research collaborations. Utilising a comprehensive knowledge of innovation and excellence in education and research, the Professor will act as a mentor and coach to develop talent and build a strong culture of excellence in teaching and research.
As the Professor, Digital Business Transformation, you will provide thought leadership and academic direction to policy development within the University, community and industry, as well as make original and innovative contributions to the advancement of scholarship, scholarly projects and initiatives, in collaboration with academic colleagues.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multi-sector university of science, technology and innovation with more than 54,000 students and 5,000 staff globally. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our mission is to be a world-class university, creating economic and social impact through science, technology and innovation. We aim to deliver future-ready learners, research with impact and innovative enterprise.
Forge strong industry connections, become workplace ready and gain an edge on the competition. Swinburne’s Faculty of Business and Law equips you with the knowledge and skill-set to thrive in the future of business, including the opportunity to conduct impactful research into the changing shape of industry, economy and society.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- An earned postdoctoral qualification in Business Information Systems or a closely related field
- A strong national and international reputation as an academic and research leader with an internationally recognised track record of publications in top-tier journals and excellent teaching
- Evidence of demonstrated strategic leadership in a large organisational unit or University-wide initiative and effective membership of a management team.
- Research leadership demonstrated through editorial or chaired track experiences in journals and conferences respectly.
- At the forefront of digital technologies as applied to the transformation of business
- An established significant track record in attracting and managing external research income through competitive grants and/or industry collaboration
- A track record of successful supervision of higher research degree candidates, particularly supervision to completion
- Significant experience in curriculum development, including the management and evaluation of learning and teaching effectiveness and a commitment to innovation and the development of flexible approaches to learning and teaching
- A commitment to inclusive management and promoting engagement between research institute/centre staff and business school staff to enrich both teaching and research programs
- High ethical standards and a strong commitment to the principles of equity and social inclusion, responsible leadership and sustainable business practices
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Onsite childcare
- Discounted gym memberships – including Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC)
- Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits
How to apply and further information
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link, and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description. For further information about this position, contact Professor Mile Terziovski, Department Chair, Department of Business Technology & Entrepreneurship, & MEI Course Director, on +61 9214 8559 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr Walter Robles, on email@example.com
. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for women for 10 years in a row and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Applications close at 12pm on 25 March 2020