Senior Data Analyst 4.3 (Internal)
Role Type: 9 Months Secondment till 30 Sept 2019
- Build relationships with wider architecture groups, business stakeholders and application development teams
- Provide leadership and direction for direct and indirect reports
- Foster collaboration across teams, functions, regions and divisions
As the Senior Data Analyst, will be supporting the data integration and transformation capabilities within Group Compliance. You will work with the team to ensure that priorities are delivered and contribute towards the creation of cross functional and agile team.
As a team member you will be required to ensure fit for purpose data warehouse solutions are built for use across Group Compliance utilising best practice and industry standards. This will be achieved through:
- Building operational data pipelines across a number of sources, and constructing relational and dimensional data models
- Utilises tools and practices to build, verify and deploy solutions in the most efficient ways, enhancing data management and analytics capabilities
- Consistent approach in alignment to industry best practice when transforming and integrating data sources
- Provide ongoing support for platforms as required e.g. problem and incident management
- Strong partnerships with Group Compliance teams and business leaders.
- Embody the organisational commitments to the AGILE methodology through actions and approach.
Who are you?
- A team player You know we only win if we all win. You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the teams mission
- The customers biggest fan You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Comfortable being uncomfortable You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change
- Continuous improvement junkie You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to your own and others growth You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Risk savvy You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
What you will bring as a Data Analyst?
- Tertiary qualified with strong experience in data engineering and data architecture
- Thinks strategically and commercially, drives an adaptive, agile risk culture and motivates organisational change
- A deep understanding of the data life cycle and data as a Service (DaaS) practices
- In-depth data warehousing experience, building operational data pipelines across a number of sources, and constructing relational and dimensional data models
- Practical experience with at least one programming language (Python, Java, Scala, C# C++, Cobol)
- Experience working with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, extracting information and identifying linkages across disparate data sets
- Willingness expand knowledge with new technologies (e.g. self-learning, community involvement, or contributing to open source) bringing benefits into the team
- Demonstrated ability to work with technology and architecture groups to develop and deploy large scale applications
- Experience in modern development practices (Hadoop, MapReduce, HIVE, PIG, Apache Spark, Kafka)
- Strong communication skills and an ability to clearly articulate complex information
- Builds trusted advisory relationships across the organisation with a strong ability to influence and succeed through collaboration
- Sound appreciation of all aspects of compliance and operational risk.
Our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. That's why we strive to create balanced, sustainable economy in which everyone can take part and build a better life. By helping people make the most of what they have, we transform ideas, hard work and ambition into reality.
Career development means different things to different people. It may simply mean developing a skill, broadening your experience by moving sideways or stretching yourself by moving to a different business. How you manage and develop your career is up to you, but ANZ is committed to helping you do this by providing you with the support, tools and resources you need.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key needs inherent requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
For more information about this opportunity please contact your Recruiter: