About The Role
- Integral leadership role within the Financial Crime Portfolio, Compliance Risk
- Lead and contribute to ANZ purpose and strategy
- Requires forward-looking approach to meet the banks future need
Role Location: 839 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
You will have a key lead role within the Governance & Oversight Team (GO Team). The Coverage Lead will work with Business, Analytics and Governance stakeholders to manage the design and implementation of ANZs financial crime controls intended to identify, mitigate and manage financial crime risks.
The Coverage team are responsible for identifying, documenting, recommending and overseeing the implementation of coverage strategies to manage financial crime risks. This includes assessment of external and internal inputs such as Regulator reports and actions, Product and Channel risk assessments, and cross referencing the risks from these inputs to the existing or proposed controls, including TMS scenarios, and then recommending control enhancements/adjustments.
The lead role requires an ability to understand and analyse financial crime risks and recommend mitigating strategies to emerging trends within a short timeframe, as well as to monitor existing coverage to ensure strategies are implemented to effectively manage associated risk.
Effective working relationships with Financial Crime Investigations teams, Analytics teams, Business and Advisory teams is essential. The role will also support and drive strategic change and incorporate agile methodologies and new ways of working principles.
Your key priorities and responsibilities include:
- Ensure identified issues are shared effectively and fed back into product committees, analytics, policies and requirements, change initiatives and other stakeholders as required
- Monitoring and oversight of the delivery of FCP coverage assessments across ANZ
- Outputs should assist in the driving standardisation and simplification in FCP policies and processes and controls
- Assist in the monitoring of business unit and FCP risk profile across group, considering new and changing obligations, regulatory trends, regulator activities external threats or changes to market conditions
- Meet relevant FCP requirements globally
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Tertiary qualified, extensive expert Financial Crime or Risk experience (background in banking preferable)
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Strong data analysis and data mining aptitude
- Strong verbal, written and numeracy communication skills with proven ability to document business requirements
- Establish collaborative working relationships and be able to build strong collaboration and networks both internally and externally.
- Proven extensive leadership skills
ANZ is a great place to grow. We know our people look to their leaders to understand what is and isnt valued.
Developing a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture. It means we actively encourage people to try new things so we can improve. With effort, we can all learn and grow.
We ask our leaders to practice daily leadership behaviours things like connecting with empathy, empowering people, growing people selflessly, being curious and creating shared clarity. These are the leadership behaviours we need to transform ANZ. We support our leaders with tools, tips and online coaching.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS112858.