At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
When passionate people come together, they can make a real difference in the lives of others. That’s why, we’re looking for a Full Time Clinical Nurse Educator to join our Residential team to support and educate Registered Nurses across Uniting mainly based in Garden Suburb.
The embodiment of Uniting’s values, Clinical Nurse Educators oversee and assist the ongoing education of clinical and care staff across NSW.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting assessments of clinical and care staff, and nursing practices
- Implementing standardised clinical education and training programs
- Ensuring compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements for continuing education of clinical and care staff
- Participating in quality improvement processes including Accreditation
- Furthering the strategic direction of the organisation, and Learning uniting team
- Current AHPRA registration, Registered Nurse with minimum 5 years nursing experience.
- Certificate IV in Training and Education
- Strong experience in a Nursing Education role
- Experience identifying education needs, delivering education and conducting clinical assessments,
- Knowledge of best practice within clinical nurse education, including legislative and regulatory requirements
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to engage others in learning and development
- Willingness to travel
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer who supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. As an employee of Uniting you can benefit from:
- Salary packaging
- Paid travel entitlement
- Ongoing training & development
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check and Reference Checks.