About the Opportunity
An opportunity exists for a Certificate III Educator to join our team located at Burwood for 48hours per fortnight! The preschool is approved for 40 children aged between 3 – 6 years of age. Opening hours are from 8:30am-4:00pm. Your key duties will include:
- Supporting the ongoing development of the children
- Participating and providing on-going support in all aspects of the day to day running of the centre
- Fostering relationships with families and children throughout the centre
- Working in accordance with the policies and associated procedures of Uniting
- Ensuring that children are safe and adequately supervised always
- Maintaining a child’s sense of belonging, and respecting their right’s always
- Ensuring a potential supervision risk is reported to other educators or Service Director
- Maintain educator-to-child ratios and qualifications
- Work along with the Uniting Church
What do I need to succeed?
- Completed Certificate III in Children’s Services is a must
- Paid WWCC and First Aid with an Asthma and Anaphylaxis Training Certificate
- Understand the National Quality Framework and Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF)
- Solid knowledge of Child Protection and Mandatory Reporting
- Need to be skilled with observations and programming cycle
- Strong Interpersonal Skills (approachable, go-getter, positive attitude)
- Experience in Early Learning is advantageous
- Cantonese and Mandarin speaking preferred
“We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe”
What’s in it for me?
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer who supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
- Salary Packaging available – Save money through less tax!
- Excellent Work/Life balance
- Vibrant team culture working alongside like-minded individuals;
- Fantastic location close to public transport, and easy street parking;
- Modern, enriching, and friendly early learning environment;
- Opportunities to network and grow within the Early Learning industry.
What do I need to do now?
Click on the apply button (Quickest way to be seen!)
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check, Working with Children Check and Reference Checks.