At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking a Care Service Employees for Catering/ Cleaning / laundry support to work at Uniting Garden Suburb on a casual basis.
Our Care Workers are the heartbeat of the Uniting team, and live and breathe inspired care. This role is central to the delivery of our person-centred approach, based on agreed individual care plans that enhance the physical and social wellbeing of our clients and help them achieve their goals. Our Care Workers go above and beyond basic assistance with household activities, to work collaboratively with clients and their families to maintain choice and control over their day.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Provide quality, timely and effective hotel services such as catering, cleaning and laundry
- Promote the rights and privacy of our clients, in accordance with relevant policy and legislation
- Work for the continuous improvement of our service to ensure it’s the best it can be, in line with Aged Care Accreditation Standards
- Queries and complaints from our clients and their families, as well as your co-workers and other service providers, that come your way, will be handled with a confidential and timely approach, in collaboration with your supervisor
- While providing effective and timely hotel services, you’ll treat our clients with respect and recognize their abilities, preferences and decision-making capacity.
- Certificate 2 in Hospitality, Aged Care or working towards
- Current First Aid certificate
Skills & experience
- A good insight into the health, social or aged care services industries
- Great communication and customer service skills and the ability to get along easily with others
- A gift for working collaboratively with a team and confident making decisions
- Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
To Apply Now
Please visit our careers page https://www.uniting.org/join-our-team/current-vacancies
For Further Information Contact: Lyndell Cohen on (02) 4943 8988
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.