At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Advisor to join our friendly and supportive Home & Community Care Team for a period of 6 months with the potential to extend. You will have the flexibility to work in our Moruya or Narooma office!
You will be responsible for providing cost effective, evidence based and goal orientated case management while working in partnership with clients to achieve positive outcomes reflecting meaning and purpose for our clients.
- Provide complex person-centred case management
- Management of Home Care Packages
- Assist and enable clients to understand their aged care funding in accordance with financial budgets
- Community networking, sales and business development to promote Uniting Services
- Ensure compliance with Home Care Quality Standards
- Provide positive and collaborative team work
You are an exceptional team player with a high level of energy and enthusiasm that thrives on helping others. Specifically, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience and or qualifications in an Allied Heath, Aged Care or Community Aged Care environment
- Proficient experience in case management and consumer directed care principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build rapport and trust with clients and colleagues
- Solid time management skills and ability to prioritise competing deadlines
- Well-developed understanding of care delivery in community care and a commitment to best practice and continuous improvement
- Proficiency using computer applications including; MS Word / Excel/ Outlook and a willingness to learn new programs
- Current drivers license
- First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Experience navigating the My Aged Care portal
- Understanding of Home Care Packages and My Aged Care Assessments
Benefits & Culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
- Salary packaging benefits
- Paid travel time and KM reimbursement
- Ongoing training and development
- Long-term career path working with like-minded individuals
Click the application link if you are interested in this amazing opportunity to make a difference!
Closing date: Friday, 17th April 2020
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks.