Occupational Therapist Level 1/2
Unfortunately this vacancy is no longer open. Please contact a member of staff if you require assistance.
War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
This position will join the Occupational Therapy department to plan, coordinate and deliver high quality Occupational Therapy intervention to patients of War Memorial Hospital (WMH) consistent with AHPRA, Uniting, NSW Health and South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) policies, procedures and standards, to achieve patient/client health outcomes within specified timeframes.
This occupational therapy position involves the provision of high quality Occupational Therapy intervention to patients at WMH to ensure service continuity as required by the Department. This role will help facilitate the delivery of an effective, flexible, innovative and integrated Occupational Therapy service. The role requires participation in quality initiatives within the Occupational Therapy department and/or hospital. A demonstrated commitment to quality improvement, evidence based practice, ongoing clinical and professional learning is required.
This position will be predominantly joining our inpatient team.
1. Occupational Therapy General Registration with AHPRA and eligible for membership with the NSW Association of Occupational Therapy
2. Demonstrated ability to provide Occupational Therapy intervention in an aged care rehabilitation setting.
3. Demonstrated ability to carry out comprehensive patient assessment and treatment, equipment prescription, home assessments, home modifications, cognitive assessment and cognitive retraining, patient education and group work
4. Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; and the ability to proactively engage with clients to enhance service delivery
5. Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to apply advanced reasoning skills and exercise independent professional judgement when dealing with complex situations.
6. Demonstrated commitment to participate in quality improvement and evidence based practice and a commitment to ongoing clinical and professional learning
7. Demonstrated understanding of Work Health and Safety principles.
8. Current NSW Drivers’ licence Class C
This part time (32 hours per week) permanent role is available from April 2020. Required days of work are Monday and Friday with other days negotiable.
Applicants interested in casual or temporary roles across the Occupational Therapy Department at WMH should also apply as an eligibility list for these positions will be created. Please indicate If you would like to apply for the Permanent and / or Casual roles.
Enquiries to: Jane Corlett, Occupational Therapy Head of Department – 02 9369 0106 – Jane.Corlett@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 11.30pm, Sunday 19 April 2020
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.