Assurance Management Expert Wealth First, a bit about ANZ.
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to why our purpose to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ NWOW Video
The purpose of the Assurance Centre of Excellence (CoE) is to empower the business to manage their own operational and compliance risks by providing expert advice, insights and coaching that helps embed sustainable and well managed risk practices that protect ANZs customers, bankers and shareholders.
- To enable Australia Retail and Commercial to be bold, within appetite and take well considered risks, in the right way by leveraging our specialist expertise in the delivery of risk management practices.
- To challenge the status quo and coach Australia Retail and Commercial to have the best-fit capability, awareness, frameworks and tools to not just delivery on risk accountabilities but to take risk well
- To monitor the risk environment and detect where more rigor is required, so risks are identified, assessed and treated well
As an Assurance Management Expert Wealth you will be responsible for providing 1st line operational risk management support to the retained Wealth businesses.
Some Wealth Businesses will continue to both manufacture and distribute their products, while others operate in a partnership model with ANZ continuing to distribute under a white labelled arrangement, where manufacturing responsibility lies with the partner. Products in a partnership arrangement include ANZ Share Investing, General Insurance, Life Insurance and Consumer Credit Insurance with partners being CMC Markets, QBE and Zurich.
In this role you will form part of the Assurance CoE and be required to:
What you bring to the Assurance CoE as an Assurance Management Expert?
- Provide assurance over quality and adequacy of risks, key controls, treatments, events, audit items, ORAs etc
- Provide insights, identify trends and make recommendations in relation to how risks are being identified, assessed and treated across the portfolio/tribe
- Partner with businesses to support them in delivering their own risk management accountabilities (e.g. ORAs, events, treatments, audit, tribe level rituals) via provision of input, expertise, coaching and guidance
- Mature the risk management ecosystem, including proactively identifying and responding to internal/external influences at a portfolio/tribe level
- Drive improvement in risk capability/culture/awareness and promote operational risk management as a core capability across all BUs/Tribes
- Product experience, preferably within an Insurance or Share Investing context
- Hands-on experience in risk management OR internal / external audit
- Strong understanding of products and segment strategies and impacts on operational risks and controls
- Experience undertaking high risk reviews and writing risk submissions
- Strong understanding of operational risk strategies and regulator requirements relevant to Wealth including separate regulated entity requirements and ASX Listing Rules
- Ability to collaborate with the business to develop effective operational risk management solutions
- Utilise analytical insights and data to identify opportunities to better balance risk with customer propositions
- Desire to create a thorough understanding of how our customers and bankers relate and react to embedding risk management in everyday activities
- Willingness to look at things differently, challenge the status quo and innovate
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and ability to build relationships
Who are you?
- Risk savvy You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
- A team player You know we only win if we all win. You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the teams mission
- The customers biggest fan You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Comfortable being uncomfortable You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change
- Continuous improvement junkie You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to your own and others growth You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
This permanent opportunity is based in Sydney
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS114538.