About the Job
We are looking for a Payroll Officer with great communication skills, solid Payroll experience (exposure to the iChris pay system, will be highly regarded as well as any experience with Workday or integrated HRIS), and sound knowledge of current relevant legislation to join our People, Planning & Culture team.
In addition to everyday payroll processing duties, you will produce reports in the relevant systems on an ad hoc basis to identify and implement process improvement initiatives to create efficiencies where possible and provide relevant insights to the People, Planning & Culture division.
In return for your commitment, you will be part of a flexible team where you will be empowered and encouraged to bring your expertise to the role and create better ways of doing things. If this opportunity interests you, we’d love to hear from you!
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multi-sector university of science, technology and innovation with more than 54,000 students and 5,000 staff globally. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our mission is to be a world-class university, creating economic and social impact through science, technology and innovation. We aim to deliver future-ready learners, research with impact and innovative enterprise.
Help connect people with our vision and strategy. The People & Culture team at Swinburne engage, support and inspire our most valuable asset: our people. We provide strategic advice and solutions across the University’s full range of people and culture services.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
• A degree with subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and specialist expertise or broad knowledge in technical or administrative fields; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
• Experience as a Payroll Officer, including end to end payroll processing payroll, processing of termination pays, payroll reporting, strong leave analysis and reconciliation skills etc. As well as this, any experience in any senior roles will be highly regarded.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and interpretation of current legislation which directly affect the payroll function i.e. tax legislation
• A self starter who takes initiative in payroll trouble shooting and has strong investigative and analytical skills. The ability to step and take accountability and ownership of their designated payroll responsibilities.
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
• Flexible working arrangements
• Participate in regular staff and management development programs
• Private health insurance discounts
• Discounted annual Myki cards are available to Swinburne staff
• Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans.
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Employee Benefits
How to apply and further information
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link, and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact Jessie Macintyre, Director (Employee Experience) at email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for women for 10 years in a row and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 29th May 2020