Uniting is a leading and growing not-for-profit organisation with a strategic vision to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice through its services.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
We have multiple opportunities for permanent part-time Support Workers to join our friendly and supportive Home and Community Care Team.
Shifts are available Monday to Friday, 7AM to 7PM. It is preferable if you have more than 3 days of availability.
We are looking for Support Workers to care for our clients south of Narooma, particularly across Bega to Merimbula.
Your role will be to assist our ageing clients manage their day to day domestic duties. Your support will enable them to live independently in their own home and help them reach their health and lifestyle goals.
- Provide domestic assistance such as cleaning, cooking and general housework
- Supervise or assist with daily hygiene such as showering, bathing and toileting
- Drive clients to appointments, shopping and social activities
- Certificate III in Aged Care or equivalent qualification
- First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Australian driver’s licence
- Vehicle with comprehensive insurance
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer who supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- NFP salary packaging benefits (up to $15,900 tax free!)
- Paid travel time and KM reimbursement
- Uniform and mobile phone
- Training & career development opportunities
Click the application link if you are interested in this amazing opportunity!
Closing Date: Friday, 3rd July 2020
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which includes a National Police Check, reference checks and functional assessment.