About the opportunity
When passionate people come together, they can make a real difference in the lives of others. Our Functional Family Therapy Program – Child Welfare (FFT - CW) is evidence based, intensive home based treatment model, that works with families with significant physical abuse and/or neglect of a child/young person aged between 0 and 17years. The program is aimed at preventing children from entering out of home care.
We are looking for a full time Intake & Administration Worker who is available Monday - Friday to join our team in Cabramatta on a full time Maternity leave basis from July 2020 until April 2021 (dates to be confirmed).
Our Intake & Administration workers are the first point of contact for those seeking the services of FFT-CW program. Person Centred and with great communication skills they engage our service users, provide client intake and administrative support in the program ensuring the smooth delivery of services and clinical programs to the families we work with.
- Degree in Social Work or Psychology, or a related Bachelor’s Degree and one year or more relevant casework experience with children and families in a child protection setting
- Demonstrated ability to conduct intake assessments and engage families from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Demonstrated experience in case management and working in partnership with families to achieve their goals and address child safety concerns using evidence based models
- Strong analytical skills and ability to find solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection issues and the ability to identify and address these issues with families when required
- Proven computer skills and ability to use client management data systems
- Demonstrated experience in data entry and maintaining accurate data on the project
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours to meet the needs of families as required
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to juggle competing priorities
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Supporting an inclusive approach in the workplace, we celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
As an employee of Uniting you will benefit from:
- An attractive hourly rate plus super with optional salary packaging available
- Ongoing training
- Career development opportunities
- An additional 5 days leave during the Christmas break
If the idea of working for a progressive not-for-profit organization excites you, then please apply now.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check and Reference Checks.