About the opportunity
We have an exciting, Full time closed period (12 month) opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join the Home and Community Care Team in Canberra.
The Occupational Therapist will provide relevant professional services based on the needs and goals of the individual client. This role will require travel around ACT.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Home modification reports
- Mobility aid assessment and recommendations
- Occupational therapy interventions
- Movement training
- Health promotion activities and advice
- Bachelor degree in Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy
- Current AHPRA Registration
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- Current Australian Driver’s License and access to your own vehicle
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working in an Aged Care environment
- Strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to build rapport with others
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and be confident working autonomously when required
- Ability to organise and conduct health screening and functional assessments
- Salary packaging Benefits
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for our staff and our clients.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.