About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader to join Uniting Koombahla facility in Elermore Vale, NSW, on a casual basis.
Our Team Leaders live and breathe Inspired Care. Teamleader is a supervisory role which involves managing the day to day lives of our residents, along to conducting managerial duties to ensure the delivery of skilled, individualized care to the highest possible professional standard.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Planning and co-ordinating daily work activities
- Guide and train staff to ensure care needs are met, while allowing flexibility in client preferences and choice
- Being involved in coaching and resolving issues in the workplace
- Being the link between management and the residents to maintain flow of communication
- Demonstrating an understanding to identify and clarify Care Worker responsibilities for aspects of care in consultation with the Registered Nurse and other members team
- Demonstrates the ability to utilise systems and processes that effectively audit, analyse and continuously improve the comprehensive assessment, care planning process and care delivery for each person receiving care
- Certificate IV including required medications skills set.
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Flu Vaccination
- Recognise Healthy Body Systems (HLTAP301B)
- Provide Support to People Living with Dementia (CHCAGE005
Skills & experience
- Significant Aged Care experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and experience
- A good insight into the health, social or aged care services industries
- Experience in running a shift
- Working knowledge of ACFI and Aged Care Accreditation Standards
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
To Apply Now
Please visit our careers page https://www.uniting.org/join-our-team/current-vacancies
For Further Information Contact: Louise Howell on (02) 4979 8900
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.