Unfortunately this vacancy is no longer open. Please contact a member of staff if you require assistance.
War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
This position will join the Occupational Therapy department to plan, coordinate and deliver high quality Occupational Therapy intervention to patients of War Memorial Hospital (WMH) consistent with AHPRA, Uniting, NSW Health and South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) policies, procedures and standards, to achieve patient/client health outcomes within specified timeframes.
This role will help facilitate the delivery of an effective, flexible, innovative and integrated Occupational Therapy service. The role requires participation in quality initiatives within the Occupational Therapy department and/or hospital. A demonstrated commitment to quality improvement, evidence based practice, ongoing clinical and professional learning is required.
1. Occupational Therapy General Registration with AHPRA and eligible for membership with the NSW Association of Occupational Therapy.
2. Demonstrated experience in the provision of Occupational Therapy intervention in an outpatient/community aged care rehabilitation setting.
3. Demonstrated experience in carrying out comprehensive patient assessment and treatment, pressure care, equipment prescription, home assessments, prescription of home modifications and group work.
4. Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to proactively engage with patients/clients to enhance service delivery.
5. Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to exercise independent professional judgement on routine matters, commensurate with years of experience.
6. Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement and evidence based practice and a commitment to ongoing clinical and professional learning.
7. Demonstrated understanding of Work Health and Safety principles.
8. Current NSW Drivers’ licence Class C
This position will be predominantly joining our outpatient team.
This part time (28 hours per week) fixed term role is available from August 2020 to 31st January 2021. Required days of work are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Enquiries to: Kimberley Styles, Occupational Therapy Head of Department, Ph: 9369 0229, email Kimberley.email@example.com
Applications Close: 11.30pm, Thursday 6/8/2020
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.