About the Role
We're looking for a Casework Support Worker to join our PSP team in North Parramatta to provide direct day-to-day support to caseworkers and contribute to keeping children, young people and families safe by undertaking tasks which support case planning, referrals and appointments and day to day team priorities.
This role is offered on a Permanent Full-time basis and is located in North Parramatta (Oatlands).
To Succeed in this meaningful role our ideal candidate will have:
- A TAFE Diploma in a relevant filed (welfare/community services) and/or relevant work experiences with children and families
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues impacting on young people and families whom are at Risk of Significant Harm.
- Demonstrated ability to engage families from diverse backgrounds and cultures, and work in partnership with them to achieve their goals and address safety concerns using a variety of intervention strategies from a range of theoretical models.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct family assessments using a strengths based approach
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours to meet the needs of families required
- Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively with colleagues (internal and external)
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a multifunction team
- Proven computer skills including word processing, accessing emails and internet
- Current drivers licence and willingness to transport families
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, time management skills, flexibility, ability to handle crises, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 3 years experience working with children and families, preferably within a casework model.
- Sound knowledge of the issues involved in working with families and children from diverse cultures and linguistic backgrounds.
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We work together to ensure that every employee can be the best they can be. We value you and will support you in your life and in your career by:
- Offering ongoing training and mentoring so you can continue to improve and learn new skills
- Ensuring a family friendly workplace and flexible working hours
- Providing an attractive annual salary plus super with Not for Profit Salary Packaging also available
- An accessible employee assistance program to support your wellbeing
Click apply now and Lets Change Lives Together.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police, reference and Working with Children checks.