RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The role & key responsibilities
- Undertake independent teaching at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate level including: designing, conducting and moderating assessment; implementing improvements informed by course evaluation activities and student feedback.
- Undertake independent professional activities, scholarship and/or conduct high quality research activities appropriate to the profession or discipline including: managing individual projects within timelines and budgets and ensuring compliance with quality and reporting requirements; publishing research results in high quality outlets as lead or co-author; preparing and submitting external research funding applications; and supervising higher degree by research candidates.
- Undertake administration duties, which may include course coordination role or management of a small award program.
- Participate in University governance activities as requested and undertake administration related to the position.
- Adhere to the requirements of the Academic Expectations and Development Framework of RMIT Vietnam.
Key selection criteria
Digital 2D or 3D animation
3D motion graphics
3D digital modeling
3D digital sculpting
Interactive experience design using either Unity or Unreal
- For Lecturer: a PhD or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification
- For Associate Lecturer: A Master degree in the relevant discipline; have commenced or enrolled to commence in Doctoral course is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and teach programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Proven proficiency in two or more of the following:
- The ability to adapt to the rapidly changing landscape of digital media
- The ability to lecture on the topic of digital media history/theory
- Other requirements as indicated in the job description document.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and information pack below.
JD _ Associate Lecturer or Lecturer in Digital Media (Hourly).pdf
NEW Information Pack - Foreign Candidates - Academic Dec 2020.pdf
Academic FAQ's RMIT Vietnam.pdf
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (with no competency less than 6.5)
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the Apply Now link. Applications close on June 09, 2021.
Please make sure your application submission includes a portfolio of your work and preferably also your students' work. Please also include a list of any soft/hard skills related to the Digital Media discipline for further review.
Trans and Gender Diverse applicants
Inclusion is at the durrung (or heart) of who we are. We aim to create an environment where staff and students who identify as trans and gender diverse feel supported to succeed and belong.
We recognise the challenges faced by the trans and gender diverse community when applying for a new role.
At RMIT, we aim to support you from the start. Our Talent Acquisition team are active members of the RMIT Ally network.
For enquires or support through the application, recruitment and onboarding process, applicants who identify as trans or gender diverse are invited to contact Mat Lewis at email@example.com