Unfortunately this vacancy is no longer open. Please contact a member of staff if you require assistance.
Education & Training
Utilise your analytics skills, Swinburne Research
• Starting from $95,919 + 17% super
• Full-time, ongoing role, Hawthorn location
About the job
Swinburne Research are currently looking for an experienced Senior Research Analyst to build our best practice analytics systems. Working as part of our collaborative Research Analytics Services team, you will play an active role in developing business intelligence solutions to support the University research and innovation agenda and meet compliance obligations. Reporting to Manager Research Analytics Services, you will act as a mentor to other people in the team.
With your solid stakeholder management skills, you will play a lead role in developing, maintaining and continuously improving research data, systems and processes, ensuring best practice data collection, storage and reporting methods are developed and adopted across the University. You will also contribute to best practice analytics methods and provide expert advice to business areas around data, analytics, systems and their application in information-related work streams.
Swinburne delivers excellence in teaching and research in science, technology, business, law, design and innovation. As a multi-sector provider, there are opportunities to apply for jobs in higher education, vocational education and pathways. Or you can work in professional services to support the delivery of quality education. Find jobs in marketing and communications, customer service, information technology, finance, human resources and administration.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
• Demonstrated experience in the design, development and delivery of technical solutions and applications applying Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles, to the satisfaction of stakeholders and end users.
• Relevant experience in scoping, planning and managing complex projects, preferably relating to database implementations in research or university environments, as well as the with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, and prioritise effectively to meet agreed standards and deadlines.
• Highly developed communication skills and demonstrated ability to explain and display information in understandable formats, including compelling visualisations of data and the ability to provide commentary on issues.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
• Onsite child care
• Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
• Discounted annual Myki cards are available to Swinburne staff.
Discover more discounts when you start at Swinburne. Receive movie tickets and staff membership options at the Swinburne bookshop. Theres news subscriptions and computer and software discounts on offer.
Further information and how to apply
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2018 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
To view the position description or to start an application click on apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Michelle Vincent (Manager Research Analytics Services) at email@example.com.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 19th October 2018.
Ensure that your online CV is up to date as employers are always searching our online CV database of candidates.
A member of our staff is ready to help you with any questions you may have.