About the job
We have a fantastic opportunity in our Academic and Student Support department as our new Residential Life Assistant.
This role will support the Residential Life Coordinator with building and sustaining a supportive, safe and inclusive community in the Student Residences.
The Student Residences has a turnover in excess of $7m and more than 600 beds located in six buildings at the Hawthorn campus. The position will work with routine supervision and is expected to work within established guidelines, anticipate and resolve problems promptly and meet deadlines.
You will also support other Residential Team members as directed by the Supervisor or Associate Director. A professional attitude is essential, as is the ability to plan and prioritise activities.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
• A degree with without subsequent relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
• Demonstrated capacity in supporting, implementing programs and events, which support the academic and personal needs of students and, encourage community mindedness, good citizenship and personal growth.
• Demonstrated capacity to support and work successfully in a team and work.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
• Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
• Onsite health services
• Private health insurance discounts
• Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans. It can help you get the most value from what you earn.
Further information and how to apply
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2018 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
To view the position description or to start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
For further information about the position, please contact Rowan Tan (Associate Director) on 92145557 or via email email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at 5pm Thursday 28th March 2019.
Ensure that your online CV is up to date as employers are always searching our online CV database of candidates.
A member of our staff is ready to help you with any questions you may have.