Education & Training
About the job
We are looking for an experienced Relationship Manager to join us in the newly created position of Digital Platform Partnerships Manager – Research.. Reporting to the Director, Industry Research Engagement and Business Development, the role works closely with the Dean, Digital Research & Innovation Capability Platform (DRICP) and the Business Development Manager, Defence, Space and Digital. This is a dual focussed role with operational and relationship management responsibility for the digital partnerships of the DRICP as well as expanding the University offering beyond research. Key to success in the role is the ability to manage operational and relationship issues and key stakeholders across the different DRICP research groups and University to support the delivery of the DRICP vision and individual external partnership commitments.
About Swinburne and its Digital Research and Innovation Capability Platform
The DRICP is a key strategic pillar in Swinburne Research’s 2020 Strategy to position Swinburne as an internationally renowned institute in digital research, a digital disruptor, and an accelerator of innovation. The DRICP is a series of research groups aimed at building Swinburne’s digital research capabilities, capacities and translation of research into real-world applications across the following areas:
• Data Analytics;
• Software Systems / Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning and Reasoning;
• Internet of Things (IoT);
• Blockchain applications; and
• Advanced Visualisation
To be successful in the role, you will have:
• Prior experience working in a University and / or R&D environment;
• Strong project management experience where you have had direct experience with project delivery and relationship management;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate, liaise and work with people at all levels;
• Experience in a Business Development / Relationship Management role ;An understanding of the technology areas covered by the DRICP research groups listed above.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
• Participate in regular staff and management development programs
• Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
• Private health insurance discounts
• Flexible working arrangements
Discover more discounts when you start at Swinburne. Receive movie tickets and staff membership options at the Swinburne bookshop. Theres news subscriptions and computer and software discounts on offer.
Further information and how to apply
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2018 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
To view the position description or to start an application click on apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume and cover letter only.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 24 April 2019
Ensure that your online CV is up to date as employers are always searching our online CV database of candidates.
A member of our staff is ready to help you with any questions you may have.