About The Role
- Legal support role for Institutional Coverage
- Provide strategic, proactive, and innovative legal advice
- Fixed-term opportunity
Role Location: 242 Pitt St, Sydney NSW 2000
Role Type: 6 months fixed-term (full-time)
As a Senior Lawyer, you will provide support to the Institutional Coverage Australia business at ANZ by providing business-orientated legal advice and solutions.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Advisory providing high quality legal support to the Australian Institutional Coverage (excluding Corporate Banking & PNG) business, including the provision of strategic, proactive and innovative legal advice to assist in meeting business objectives.
- Risk mitigation - Proactively mitigate and be accountable for the management of legal risk through the provision of a quality, timely, commercially relevant and cost effective legal service.
- Drafting documents drafting / amending/ negotiating/ settling multinational customer, Facility Agreement amendment/ restatement documentation, complex amendments to facility offer letters, side letters, consents, waivers, notices of default and other miscellaneous documents to support Institutional Coverage Australia (excluding Corporate Banking & PNG) transactions.
- Advising on documents advising on ANZ's rights and responsibilities under existing transaction documents including Facility Agreements, Letter of Offer documentation, intercreditor documentation, securities and guarantees.
- General legal advice providing legal advice in connection with corporate law and governance, regulatory issues and general advice including contract law, property law and competition law, as well as insights and expertise on the effective structuring of transactions by the Institutional Australia Coverage business.
- Regulatory compliance and remediation assisting with responses to regulatory notices, advising on regulatory compliance issues and providing legal guidance on remediation initiatives within, or impacting on, the Institutional Australia Coverage business.
- Liaising with external counsel instructing external counsel or assisting the business to instruct external counsel with a view to delivery of cost efficient and high quality legal services.
- Strategic objectives participating in internal projects and assisting the businesses to achieve their strategic objectives.
- Training and education developing new skills, identifying training requirements within the business and facilitating new training, keeping business appraised of significant legal developments impacting them.
- Team focus provide guidance to other team members on areas of subject matter expertise, and general support.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Post qualification experience from either:
- a top tier Australian firm (or equivalent foreign firm) with experience in banking and finance law
- an authorised deposit-taking institution or listed financial institution
- Demonstrated extensive experience in provision of advice and proactive influence of outcomes
- Transactional banking and finance experience (strongly desired)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels including senior management
- Team focused with a flexible attitude and the willingness to go the extra mile
- An ability to provide commercially relevant legal advice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to work under pressure and in a changing environment in an accurate, calm and timely manner with the ability to reprioritise work to meet changing demands
- Common sense and an ability to learn on the job
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to why our purpose to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers.