At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking experienced Leisure & Lifestyle Coordinator to work at Uniting Nareen Gardens, NSW, on a casual basis. Our Leisure & Lifestyle Coordinators are core to the Uniting team, and live and breathe Inspired Care.
Leisure & Wellness Coordinators embody the Uniting person-centred care approach which aims to celebrate our clients as unique individuals.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Providing opportunities to improve clients’ quality of life through facilitating relationship-enabling environments & activities.
- Building and delivering an integrated approach for community engagement and inclusion that reflects the unique needs of each client, within and external to the home
- Establishing relationships and networks within your local community to promote active ageing opportunities
- Facilitate quality, timely and effective communication maintaining privacy and confidentiality of each client
- Cert IV Leisure & Lifestyle
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current Driver’s License
- Flu vaccination
Skills & experience
- A good insight into the health, social or aged care services industries
- Expert understanding of what creates meaningful engagement for clients
- A sound understanding of community engagement & inclusion
- Know-how of contemporary leisure & lifestyle assessment and program planning processes
- A demonstrated ability to plan, develop and coordinate community and social events.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and collaboratively to meet deadlines.
- Able to problem solve, negotiate, mediate and resolve conflict
- Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
To Apply Now
Please visit our careers page https://www.uniting.org/join-our-team/current-vacancies
For Further Information Contact: Steven Wills on (02) 4384 8170
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.